How Heart Check works
- Call 540-689-6000 to schedule your 1-hour private appointment with the RMH Heart Health Navigator. Appointments are available weekdays between 8 a.m.-5 p.m. For women, the Heart Check appointment may also be done in conjunction with your annual mammogram or osteoporosis screening at RMH Women’s Health Focus.
- You will be mailed an assessment tool and blood work form to complete prior to your appointment.
- At your appointment, the Heart Health Navigator will use a standardized risk assessment tool and clinical measurements to identify risk factors you may have for heart disease. Risk factors that are calculated include fasting total cholesterol and glucose levels, body mass index (BMI), blood pressure and lifestyle factors, including nutrition, sleep, stress management and exercise habits.
- A complete focus and summarized report on your heart health, including a detailed look at your risks for heart disease;
- Access to information and education about ongoing research conducted by the American Heart Association and the National Heart, Lung and Blood Institute;
- Coordinated access to numerous supportive professionals and programs;
- A free one-day pass to the RMH Wellness Center;
- A $50 discount on the RMH Wellness Center membership enrollment fee.